Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Like a Little Child

Just like a kid on Christmas eve, I was pretty excited about taking my first commute ride of the year today. I took a set of clothes in to work to hang on the clothes rod I installed back in November. After I got home, I fixed the flat tire from my last commute in November. I also checked the lights, chain, and front tire, and gave the rig a quick ride around the cul-de-sac. Everything was ready to go!

I had no problem packing up my stuff and getting out the door this morning, and the ride in was great. As I came down the first hill, I noticed that the cyclo-puter was not working. (Guess I didn't check everything)

At 28 degrees with no wind, I was dressed perfectly in my gloves, wool socks, and fleece headband which kept the extremities warm. When I arrived, I was neither hot or cold.

The bike rack was blocked by snow pushed there by the plows, much like last year at this time.

Snowed In
Snow Covered - Again

I had time to change into work clothes before 8:00 (although people were gathering outside my door for a birthday cake while I was changing - a little uncomfortable for me knowing they were out there).

After work, I took a quick trip down to the transportation office to sign out a car for a business trip tomorrow, and they gave me a Prius. It will be fun to see how the hybrid works out. Then, I came home on the South Work Route without difficulties.

I can't wait for the next ride!

Miles Ridden: 9.2

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you clocking commuting miles again.

How did the Prius work out? We'll probably go hybrid for our next motor vehicle.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

The Prius was mostly like a normal car. We didn't notice it shifting from gas engine to electric motor, which is good because once we found the display that shows the energy flow, we learned that it is constantly shifting from one to the other. Gas mileage averaged 49 MPG.

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did my first commute today, too, and it was great! Congrats, man.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Apertome said...

Great job getting back to the commute. It's been an off week for me, took some time off and then worked from home so only one commute this week. Next week should be back to normal. It sure feels great that the weather finally seems to be improving, huh?

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home