Wednesday, March 26, 2008

...and my socks don't match

Another great day for a commute. Leaving about 10 minutes later than my last commute two weeks ago, I was met by a nice sunrise, which made the headlight unnecessary. Plus I was pushed into campus by a nice west tailwind.

However, when I was getting dressed in my office, I noticed that the socks I had selected in my dimly lit bedroom were not the same color. Hopefully, my co-workers didn't notice.

For lunch, I joined some co-workers on the trolley to head to Yats, the new cajun/creole place on the Landing. The food there is great, and I throughly enjoyed my Curried Mushroom Etouffee. I think I should have stopped after eating half the plate like I usually do, 'cause I'm still feeling totally stuffed seven hours later. Still, it was delicious.

I ran up to the Walgreens after work to pick up a fresh battery for my dead cyclo-puter, realizing that it has been a while since I've ridden in traffic. I need to get back to my relaxed attitude when the cars are flying around me.

Cattail Trail
Runners on the Cattail Trail

I shot west on Cumberland to join the Cattail Trail. Then, west on Lindberg, south on 400W, and east on Division to home.

What a great ride! I can't wait for the next one, which based on the weather report, could be next Monday.

Miles Ridden: 13.8

Oh, I forgot to mention that when I arrived home, I found a fire truck parked in front of my house. Can't be good, right? It turns out that they were performing new driver training by having the new guy back the truck down the curvy hill, and they were waiting on me to pass.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Driver said...

Must be commuter mismatched sock day. When I pulled the socks out of my panniers I had one crew and one ankle sock. Fortunately my hiking boots covered that error. Still, it was better than a few weeks ago when I forgot my undies.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been wearing mismatched gloves for the last couple of weeks. It seems one half of each pair. At least I'm left with one right and one left handed glove!

9:44 AM  
Blogger amidnightrider said...

I have two pair of mismatched socks. One pair is a black one and a brown one. The other pair is a brown one and a black one.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home