Friday, October 03, 2008

Pizza Dude

There's no question that Fall is a good time of year to commute. The mornings are cool enough to keep the perspiration to a minimum, and even mid-day rides are comfortable. By afternoon, it has warmed up enough for a great ride home.

Today was one of those days, and although it was a little windy, the rides both ways were nice. No ride to lunch, but I did go on a quick trip to a meeting across campus.

While heading west on State at the end of the day, I heard a car speeding up just before the pizza delivery guy came up on my left and cut me off to turn right into the strip mall where his store is located. I came around the back and confronted him. I didn't yell, but I did express my displeasure with his actions. He was apologetic and said he misjudged my speed.

I've been in a couple of these discussions, and I'm finding that they go nowhere quickly. So after mentioning that he'll likely kill someone if he keep up that behavior, I left and headed home.

Miles Ridden: 10.4

3 Comments:

Blogger Apertome said...

I have never bothered with a confrontation like this, although I have certainly been tempted. I think I might have a hard time keeping a cool head, and I suspect it wouldn't really accomplish much, so it's easier for me to just glare and try to let them know what they did while they're nearby, rather than chasing them down.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually work as a pizza delivery driver. Being a cyclist myself, I am extra careful around people on their bikes. Do you remember what company he worked for and/or what car he drove? I know quite a few of the drivers on campus since I have worked at a couple of different pizza places.

4:22 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Sid, it really doesn't matter to me who it was. This guy really didn't think he was that close to me, and I think that is a common thought amongst drivers. I'm kind of hoping that he'll think about it next time, but I doubt if he will.

Hopefully, your behavior will rub off on your co-workers. (Where do you work? I'll order from there next time.)

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home