Friday, July 11, 2008

Sweatin' to the Oldies

Away from the Herd

After yesterday's incident, I was a little gun shy today, looking over my shoulder often at each intersection.  Luckily, things went well.

However, I learned today that my road bike isn't the best for commuting.  I had a couple of on-campus meetings after lunch, and I found that I tend to ride that bike faster, which increases the sweat factor.  I walked into my 3:30 looking like it was raining outside.  It took about half an hour to cool down, and I was very self conscious.  Also, my dockers ended up with many small grease and dirt stains - probably from leaning the bike onto me as I locked it up.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the flat tire on the other bike fixed tomorrow.

The Grass is Always Greener ...

On the way home, during a surprizingly busy burst of traffic on River Road, a lady stopped to ask me for directions.  I directed her to a driveway where we could talk without blocking everyone else's way, and found that MapQuest had sent her on a wild goose chase that included an access road around the airport through the old gravel pit that closes at 5pm each day.  I found a better way for her to get to her destination.

Miles Ridden: 13.1

2 Comments:

Blogger Apertome said...

I've been more than a little gunshy since my accident, too. I'm sure over time we'll regain our confidence. It sure sucks, though.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Marla said...

We used to ride all over that gravel pit when I was there!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home