Friday, June 20, 2008

Watchin' Out for Lester

Can you believe I didn't ride yesterday? This week has presented one perfect riding day after another, and I somehow got too busy on my day off work to get out. Not today. I hit the road around 9:30.

Beautiful weather, 69 and no wind, met me outside. I headed up on 400W, across on 500N, and back down on Soldiers' Home Road and Happy Hollow Road. River Road brought me back home.

Side Yard

Lone Tree

Hay Rolls

Trees on 500N

R!

Horses on River Road
I Can't Resist the Horses


The neighbor and I refer to any roadkill opossum as "Lester", as in Lester Flatt, because they end up flattened by the many cars that pass over them. I had to dodge three today.

Miles Ridden: 20.9

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've ridden on some of those roads, including at least the north part of Soldiers' Home Road, perhaps as far as US-52. But where exactly is Happy Hollow Road?

10:13 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Happy Hollow Road (SR443)runs south from the intersection of Soldiers Home Road and US52 down to River Road (SR43), past Happy Hollow Park.

Google Map Here

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. I'll have to keep that in mind. I don't know if I've been on that road -- certainly not by bicycle. We've been lost and mixed up many times when driving in the area of the Purdue campus, but we like visiting there anyway.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home