Sunday, May 25, 2008

Kramer? Not Again!

As we did a couple of weeks ago, the neighbor was planning a ride to Kramer again today. While the ride was nice last time, I didn't want to hang out there for several hours before returning. So, I told him I'd ride part way, maybe 15 miles, and then turn around. We decided to ride the south portion of the Independence route, so I ended up doing the whole route (clockwise).

Poppies
Poppies

As I was leaving Independence, I rode past Cicott park. There was a young boy there with his family having a picnic. This little kid had two orange balloons and was running around screaming in joy. When I passed him, he said "Hey, want a balloon?". I declined, and told him to enjoy his party.

Abandoned House
Abandoned House

There was a pretty good headwind on the south portions riding out, and the east portions coming back. My legs were pretty much dead about 10 miles before I got back, but I just kept pedaling. My mind kept rehearsing the phone call to my wife asking her to come pick me up, but I never actually dialed.



Miles Ridden: 33.0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home