Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday Commute

April is turning out to be a good month for commutes. Todays included an after lunch trip to the stadium for a meeting (I've said it before: I love getting paid to ride!) before heading home on the South Work Route. Our muppett today was an unsafe passer - which is my pet peeve. This young lady in a Pontiac with a paper plate straddled the double yellow line to pass me on River Road, and she did not yield her position when an oncoming car appeared over the hill. Luckily, she also didn't lurch to the right knocking me into the tree line at the side of the road. Instead, the oncoming driver swerved into the grass to avoid the head-on collision.

(There was a little cursing on my part.)

Miles Ridden: 10.6

1 Comments:

Blogger Apertome said...

Sounds like a close call! Some people won't yield for any reason.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home