Saturday, March 29, 2008

Supper Time

Supper from Wally WorldQuick trip to Wal-Mart to return some shoes and get supplies for dinner. I was able to get dinner for five and snacks for an overnight all in the panniers, including spaghetti, sauce, ground beef, garlic bread, chips, cheesy poofs, a gallon of milk, and a 2 liter of Dew. Packed along with the usual junk I carry around, I still would have had room for the roast beef I decided against.

Miles Ridden: 10.8 - My first utility ride of the year!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering the appetite of an SUV on the same 10.8 mile trip, it is impressive how little bicycles eat on a grocery store run.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

Yeah, I want cheesy poofs!
/cartman

I don't particularly like Wal-Mart, but it doesn't matter much to me anyways because the two closest ones are both further or hillier than I'm willing to ride for a Wal-Mart. Probably 12-15 miles round trip for the one I'd go to, or 9 miles RT with a few thousand feet of climbing for the closest.

I'm fortunate to live in an area where almost everything I need is just a few short miles away, and anything I could want at Wal-Mart I could find at a grocery store, Kohl's, hardware store or other shop that's much closer.

I love utility cyling though, and really wish I had a set of actual grocery panniers. My Banjo Brothers saddlebags hold a lot of stuff, but they're odd shaped and not as durable as grocery panniers.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Apertome said...

Cool panniers, you can fit a lot in those things. Yet another reminder to run more errands by bicycle ...

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home