Monday, March 03, 2008

Fun with Email

Readers in the IT or business fields may get a kick out of this email I received at work the other day. This excerpt comes from a discussion about why legal counsel has been involved in vendor negotiation before the project has been defined:
I don't see "gather functional requirements info". What I would be looking for at the next meeting is a one-pager of pros and cons regarding this question. While "saves $xxx" and "costs $yyy" are certainly on there, I think there is more to this question. Selling my car and riding a bike to work has lots of cost saving, likely a good purchase agreement could be reached with the help of my lawyer, and a new bike probably doesn't cost very much. Seems like there would be other factors in my decision to proceed, however. :-)

I'll have to have a talk with this guy about commuting by bicycle. He's over analyzing it a little! :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Noah said...

Other factors indeed!

* Increased metabolism
* More restful sleep
* Weight loss
* Improved cardio/pulmonary function
... and on and on ...

7:24 PM  
Blogger amidnightrider said...

The guy is on the right track at least.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, it helps alleviate my carsickness. I'm so sick of cars.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Apertome said...

Haha, that's hilarious. However, an important factor is missing: FUN!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Who knows, it might be fun for him to overanalyze ;)

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home