Saturday, February 23, 2008

Jealous!

Biker in the Snow

Driving through a wet snowstorm yesterday to pick up my wife after work, all of the motorized traffic was moving at an excruciatingly slow pace, when a cyclist came flying up the middle of the street. The usual three lanes had been reduced to two, so he had plenty of room to ride. Even though I'm not a fan of riding in snow or in cold weather, part of me wanted to be out there.

The drive across town to her office and then back home took over 90 minutes. I could have biked it in the same time!

(To see the details, click the photo to bring up the Flickr page and choose a large size to view.)

4 Comments:

Blogger The Driver said...

Nuts. You guys that ride in that kind of weather are nuts,

10:24 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

I'm not sure if nuts is the right term. Based on my 2 second view of this guy, I'm guessing he is a college student. He likely does not have car parking privileges on campus, but he could have taken a bus for at least part of his trip. In other words, he's doing this because he wants to.

If I were wearing the proper clothing and had the time, I would probably have a blast on this kind of ride.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Steeker said...

I drove my DF bikes for over 25 years all year round and I loved it ! , I loved the buzz I would get working at night knowing that there was a snow storm outside waiting for me , and there would be hardly any cars on the road at 10pm cause of the storm,,, but now that I have a lowracer the winter riding has come to an end in 2008.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Steeker said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home