Saturday, February 02, 2008

Biking the Back Nine

Bike on Golf Course

I saw this bike on the corner of Northwestern and Lindberg today. It seems to be chained to a tree on the Purdue north course. There are no houses here, and this is not anywhere near where a golfer would start a round. The other corners at this intersection host a dentist office, a liquor store, and a convenience store.

I can't figure out why it's here. (I also don't know what brand it is, but I can say that it's likely aluminum.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Noah said...

Well, it's not there because it's locked to the tree. The cable lock is cut and the U lock isn't attached to the tree either.

The front derailleur cable is missing. The handlebars are rotated to a nearly unusable position (perhaps the stem isn't tightened to them properly?) The pivots, chain, bottom bracket and hubs are all rusted.

Yeah. I viewed the high res version. By the way, it looks like a Dynacraft frame. They make many of the cheap dual-suspension bikes you find in the toy aisle of big-box stores.

12:35 AM  
Blogger Noah said...

And by front deraulleur, I mean rear. :P

1:00 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

I guess the plastic bag over the seat should have been a clue that it wasn't a quality ride.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Noah said...

Well, that's what I do to my seat when it's raining or snowing and I have to leave it outdoors (grocery store, on the bus, etc).

Of course, I'm not sure that you'd call a decade-old Diamondback a quality ride, either.

10:36 AM  
Blogger amidnightrider said...

I wonder if the liquor store nearby has any connection?

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home