Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Riding with the Big Boys

Gloomy FogWhen I'm in a good mood, a ride through busy traffic can be quite exhilarating. Sure, the gloomy photo of the foggy airport would seem to indicate otherwise, but I was feeling pretty up this AM as I rode to work.

I had a little extra time, so I took the South Work Route in reverse. After along wait at the stop light, I jumped onto US231 and took my place in the bike lane. There's a lot of auto traffic at 7:45, so it took a little patience combined with a dose of intestinal fortitude to cross two busy lanes to make the left turn onto Williams. Because of the wet conditions after last night's rain, I was wearing bike clothes instead of work clothes, so I felt more like a cyclist. Of course, that feeling helped me go a little faster up the hill.

After work, I took a quick detour down the hill on State to the cleaners to drop off my shirts. I know I've said it before, but I always love speeding down State Street Hill during rush hour (if you can call it that in West Lafayette). I had to get home quickly, so I rolled back up the hill and straight home.

Miles Ridden: 9.1 (estimated)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home