Monday, November 19, 2007

Back On The Air

Dan On Bike had a short outage while I messed with DNS settings with my domain registrar. (Perhaps you saw the Go Daddy parking page.) The project is to switch to Google Apps. I've got email working, but I'm still fussing with the web pages, along with Blogger custom domains. I understand the basics, but I don't know how to configure danonbike.us to either go to the blog or to an Apps start page. Both want me to add a subdomain.

I'm sure I'll figure it out, and I plan to do more research tonight. Anyone with experience with these products can feel free to offer advice, suggestions, warnings, taunts, and limericks.

The Management

2 Comments:

Blogger Apertome said...

These things vary depending on what you're using to manage the DNS. It's pretty much different with every provider.

Are you saying you're trying to point your domain at a blogger account?

11:25 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Yes, the Custom Domain feature from Blogger lets us use our own domain with their service.

Check out this post where I describe the solution.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home