Monday, October 29, 2007

Cupcake Day!

Messy Cupcakes
Messy Cupcakes

I took these cupcakes into work today. When I left the house, I had them balanced on a diagonal to minimize the movement of the cakes. However, at arrival, I found the plastic box completely vertical. Most of the cakes had jumped/fallen out of their protective cup holders and smashed together at one end. Check out the one on the right where I had to reapply the frosting that had been stuck to the bottom of his neighbor's cup. A knife would have been nice, but my right index finger did the trick (don't tell my co-worker that ate that one).

This was my first ride after retrieving the bike from his third trip to the shop. They replaced the cassette hub using parts from the back - no charge! I just don't see how these guys make money. It is now working great - no TING sound anymore.

Miles Ridden: 11.8 (estimated)

2 Comments:

Blogger Apertome said...

They look delicious ... who cares if they got jostled a bit on the way there? I could use a cupcake right now, in fact ...

It's really cool that the guys at your bike shop replaced the cassette for free. I had a similar experience recently when I took my backup bike in to a shop to get the derailleurs adjusted, get some new pedals (and have them installed) and I think one other thing. They did it while I waited and didn't charge me for labor.

This shop is also great because they don't have the elitist attitude a lot of other shops seem to have. I like that place.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

And they tasted good as well.

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home