Thursday, August 16, 2007

Shot Not Taken

As I was riding into work this morning, the sun was a very distinct orange ball through the haze. I thought it would be a neat photo to have the orange sun rising next to the bell tower. However, when I rode over to the Engineering Mall, I saw that the sun wasn't yet high enough to clear the Engineering Administration building (ENAD). I couldn't wait around for 20 minutes, so I'll have to try it another day.

At 5:00, I checked upstairs and noted a little bit of rain - more like spitting rain than actual rainfall. The radar didn't show anything worse coming from the west, so I chanced it and took off for home on the South Work Route. Luckily, the rain never materialized.

I passed a bunch of stopped cars (two blocks worth) on Williams Street heading down the hill towards River Road. It saved me a couple of minutes, but I felt a little unsafe for doing it. I'll wait in my place in line next time.

Miles Ridden: 8.7

1 Comments:

Blogger Jett said...

Passing cars at a stop light has been one of those things I've got a rule for, but I still haven't quite figured out how to consistently apply it.

I don't like making a car have to pass me more than once, but should I get in front of a car that hasn't passed me and isn't likely to pass me? What if I judge incorrectly and they do have to pass me?

I guess my rule should be to behave exactly like a car: if I'm continuing in the flow of traffic, I get in line. If I'm headed toward a turn, I'll pass and make the turn.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home