Saturday, August 04, 2007

Bike Patrol

Yesterday, Lafayette's local news channel had a story on training for bicycle patrolmen. I think that bike based police are a great addition to local forces, but I don't understand the training. In one excercise, the officer jumped off the back of his moving bike, and then chased it down before it rolled away. How does this help in law enforcement? Is it just a way to work on agility?

Anyway, the TV station has posted the video. I can't seem to link to the video directly, so take a look today while it is still up.

Their home page is http://www.wlfi.com/.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

That video was every bit as funny as I expected it to be. Maybe even more so.

I think the officers are now fully prepared to do stunt work for Reno 911.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This video is really funny! I like the professional grade skidding, also. They are really looking fierce! That guy running after the bike, looked like he hadn't run in a year. Very interesting.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home