Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Half Day

I took the morning off, but I rode in for the afternoon. Coming home, I headed up past the stadium and through a subdivision to get to Lindberg Road. The subdivision cut through between Cherry and Lindberg is a suggested detour for the still unfinished portion of the Cattail Trail.

Grass Clippings in the Bike LaneOn Lindberg, I found that the County Highway crews had apparently mowed the grass along the road, leaving big piles of grass clippings in the 'bike lane'. (It's not really a bike lane, but an area to the right of the white line that varies in width from 8 inches to 2 feet - depending on the skills of the pavement machine operator and the paint guy to drive in a straight line.) I didn't feel comfortable riding in the clippings, since I couldn't see what was underneath. There could have been glass, metal, or other debris thrown about by the mowers (maybe even a pillow). (Click the photo for a larger view.)

Miles Ridden: 11.9

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must be the same guy who mows our roadsides. :-)

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found a couple of large bags of trash lying on the shoulder of the road today that left me no choice but to take the lane on a four-lane divided highway (or obstacle course, depending on your point-of-view!).

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home