Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Dodging the Rain

This morning at 5:40, the local TV weathercaster showed a storm moving into the area. She showed the predicted path and the precise time it would hit each little town along the way. Pine Village, which isn't too far from Granville Bridge, was scheduled for a 6:24 drenching.

The neighbor was a no show at 6:00, so I headed out solo. I kept one eye on the odometer and one on the skies. I wanted to get at least 2.5 miles out before the rain forced me to turn back, so that I could hit my minimum of 5 miles for a ride to count. I ended up making it all the way to the bridge and back without getting wet.

The rain started falling at my house about 2 minutes after I returned.

I wish I would have taken my camera along today. The sunrise over the river was worthy of submission as the weather picture of the day.

Miles Ridden: 9.1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home