Saturday, May 19, 2007

Happy Hollow

I was feeling pretty good after yesterday's ride home. A couple of days out of the saddle left me recovered and refreshed, and the pedals seemed to be pushing themselves.

Forest Canopy
Forest Canopy on the Wabash River Heritage Trail

However, today I was yanked back to reality by a hill. I've ridden Happy Hollow Road before, and it is never easy. Today, I passed a young guy wearing jeans who had quit pedaling and decided to walk. I slowly passed him in my granny gear, and we exchanged a couple of breathy sentences about how tough the hill was. I had to stop for a drink and a breather about a half of a block later. He had remounted, and he pedaled slowly past me. After a minute or so, I hopped back on and finished the hill. I passed Mr. Jeans just past the crest.

View from the Ground
Artsy Tree Shot

The rest of the ride was windy but fun.

Miles Ridden: 18.5

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like my kind of bike path--lots of shade and scenery. Thanks for sharing the pics!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Jett said...

Good stuff Dan. I, too, like this kind of bike path. It's the one I imagine links all my destinations.

Of course, if it rolled over a wooden bridge crossing a splashing stream, that would be acceptable too ;-).

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home