Saturday, March 10, 2007

Terrier Terror

Another great day - sunny, mid 50s, WNW wind at 10-15 MPH - I jumped on the bike after the game.

I took the Montmorenci Route, and things went pretty well until...

The Terrier Attacked!


I didn't notice the 8 pound dog coming up behind me until he was next to my left foot barking and yapping. My first instinct was to try to outrun this dangerous, ferocious beast. I kicked it up a notch and was able to outrun an animal not as big as my son was at birth. I've never felt so alive!

Keeping Up with the Stormcrowes


This is segment where I compare my stats with Tom. In a recent post he included the stats from a recent ride, including an average speed of 15.75 MPH. My average today was 12.2 MPH. Now, I'm sure that my lack of endurance and generally low level of physical fitness contribute to my performance, but I think part of it is that I just don't pay attention. I have to really work to keep up a good pace. Otherwise, I tend to fall into a tourist cadence while lazily watching the scenery go by. I've met Tom a couple of times, and I've been reading his blog for a while. He seems to be a very driven, goal oriented person, so I'm guessing he doesn't suffer from adult ADD. (Actually, I don't know if I have ADD. I went to a website once that offered a survey that promised to rank me on various factors associated with the condition, but I never finished it.) It's good to have a goal to work towards, so I'm hoping to increase this rate over the year.


Snow on Indian Hill
Snow on Indian Hill

Miles Ridden: 16.4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home