Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Busses Only

Busses Only

This sign, and two more just like it, are installed outside Stewart Center. It cracks me up for several reasons:
  1. Someone thought that the plural of BUS is BUSSES.
  2. No one else on staff or at the sign printing company noticed the error.
  3. It's been there for several years!
  4. On one of the others, someone has removed an 'S' from the middle of the word.
  5. Easily thousands of elementary, middle, and high school students walk by these signs each year on the way to events held in the Center.

I took the direct route home from work today, riding into a strong 20MPH wind. It was a little slow going.

Miles Ridden: 6.9

5 Comments:

Blogger Roger said...

It's nice to know there's plenty of love to go around near the Stewart Center!

You know what else floors me? The people who think you need an 's to make a word plural. You'd think they'd know that an 's makes a word a possessive!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Roger, you stole my idea for a smart comment! I guess great minds and all that!

Isn't Busses Middle English for multiple kisses?

7:55 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Damn, it's good to know that someone else hates to see this misspelling!

A few years ago, the elementary school my daughter was attending was drastically remodeled and the parking lot repaved and marked with signs labeling certain lates for "Busses Only." In front of a school!

The principal stared blankly when I complained about the error. (Something I always remember when teachers are asking for raises.)

My wife used to joke that we should show up at the end of the day and make out in the bus lane while everyone was trying to use it.

2:32 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Oops. Make that "certain lanes" were labeled for busses only.

At least I have the excuse of too much wine.

2:34 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Nothing wrong with a little wine!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home