Saturday, January 06, 2007

Not Bad for January

Despite my normal Saturday afternoon bad attitude, I finally got on the road at 3:30. I rode into the west wind on the Granville Bridge Route (with the gourd house extension). (It's not really a gourd house anymore, since someone has taken down all but one of the gourds and replaced them with large x-mas decorations.) Anyway, once I got to the bridge and turned around, the tailwind improved both my speed and my mood.

Bike on Granville Bridge
Bike on Granville Bridge
Did you know that when it was built in the mid-90s, the Granville Bridge won some sort of award for the best use of concrete in a public works project? There is a plaque hanging somewhere in the depths of the Tippecanoe County Office Building.
During the ride I passed four other similarly dressed cyclists on River Road. It's a popular route, especially on nice days like today.

Hidden Corn Crib
Hidden Corn Crib

This corn crib hides in the trees during the summer only about 20 feet from the road, but it stands out when the leaves are down.

Miles Ridden: 9.4

2 Comments:

Blogger gwadzilla said...

corn crib?

I thought that was a hovering UFO

8:07 AM  
Blogger Bike Drool said...

The "bike on granville bridge" photo is really cool, in an odd sort of way. Not sure what it is I like about it, but I like it.

Yeah, seems like when it drops below 30 and the wind picks up... eh, staying motivated for cycling in the winter is just plain tough!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home