Saturday, August 12, 2006

Fixing the Car Again

Once again, my car needs some work done, so I threw the bike in the back and drove up to the parkway. After I handed over the keys, I jumped on the 2 wheeler and headed north on Yeager Road. Kalberer, Soldiers' Home, Happy Hollow, and River Roads took me to the Levee area where I saw the newly unveiled fountain at the west end of the Pedestrian Bridge.

Wabash Landing Fountain
Fountain at Wabash Landing

After I quick run over to 9th street and back in Lafayette, I went up State Street hill to watch the new Freshmen moving into the dorms on campus. On the way, I saw this odd pattern painted in the middle of 3rd street.

Urban Crop Circles
Urban Crop Circles?

I'm not sure what it means. Could it be a fraternity prank? Or a pagan ritual site? Perhaps alcohol related? If you have any knowledge of what these symbols are meant to indicate, please leave a comment.

Miles Ridden: 13.4

Almost forgot, there were free cookies at Follets Book Store in Purdue West.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It appears to have been done by a math geek. It's a notational form of calculus, possibly, or at least that's what it looks like, but in a stylized form. the inverted T is the concept for perpetual, the T is Tau which represents time, the circle surrounding it represents a confluence, the the T with the Hash bar is an affirmational statement from propositional calculus called mp or modus pondens. I may be all wet, but that's what it looks like to me! Only in a college town would sidewalk grafitti be an equation!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

I was only a math major for one year, so I have no idea what you are talking about! But, thanks anyway.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the symbol is from the Phi Sigma Kappa fraternity... google them

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home