Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Post Issues

Sunday's ride would have been a good one. I had a route of about 25 miles planned, but once I was dressed and had the water bottles ready, I found a problem. The seat mount bolt had stripped when I tried to tighten it.

Ride cancelled, I instead took the seat and post to the bike shop. The mechanic offered to try to find a replacement bolt and nut, but he recommended a new seat post. Since it was only $20, and I wanted it to work for a while, I took home the new post.

Today, I tried it out on an early morning ride on the Granville Bridge Route. The weather forecast is calling for afternoon pop up storms for the foreseeable future, so I may be doing a lot of these.

Miles Ridden: 9.0

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Looks good for riding this weekend! I'm going to the lake, and plan on doing some riding up in Northern Indiana. I'm going to hit some trails up around Warsaw and South Bend with the mountasinbike as well as some prime roadie time!

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home