Saturday, June 24, 2006

Back In The Saddle (Again)

I spent the last week in Philadelphia on business, and there was no riding there. Driving through the Valley Forge/King of Prussia area, I saw several roads with nice bike lanes, but never saw a cyclist. The routes were a little hilly and curvy, but that wouldn't stop everyone, would it?

This morning offered downright beautiful weather for a ride, and there was no way I was going to miss it. A co-worker talked about the house he is having built north of town, so I thought I would go take a look. The place is north of Harrison High School (almost to Cairo), so I headed up Salisbury Street/County Farm Road to take a look.

Neil Armstrong Engineering Building Under Construction

I passed the Neil Armstrong Engineering Building construction site on the way out of town. There is a monster crane there, but haven't yet been able to take a good picture of it. Here we see a dedicated worker putting in time on a perfect Saturday morning.

The subdivision is just now being developed. There were a couple of houses up, but I don't know if they are yet occupied. The reason I didn't go to see them is because the gravel road was vibrating my teeth out! I could see that this was an old farmsted, and I stopped for breakfast under the old trees that I'm guessing surrounded the original house.

Breakfast in the Shade
Breakfast Stop

On the way back, I stopped for a Gatorade at the "Klondike Mall".

Miles Ridden: 23.5

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like a grat ride, none the less!

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home