Thursday, March 30, 2006

First Excuse

It's only March, and I'’m already making excuses why I can't ride to work! And today is the best weather day so far this year. Pathetic!!

I'll list my reasons here, and you can judge for yourself:
  • I need to take my dress shirts to the cleaners (which means I'll have to pick them up on Monday).
  • My daughter is going to a movie with a friend, and I want to get home quickly to be there when they are dropped off.
  • I have a meeting at 2:00 off campus, and then a 3:00 on campus.
  • I want to head across the river for lunch, and on the bike I wouldn't have time to get back for my 1:00 meeting (also off campus).

Except for the first one, I could have found ways around the problems (rescheduling meetings, skipping meetings, flex-time work day -– notice I'm not thinking about skipping lunch). The shirt thing is a bit of a show stopper - mostly because I can't carry the dirty shirts, plus my ride home clothes, on a bike with no racks or baskets. I guess I could make a separate trip into town just for that reason, but doesn'’t seem to be very efficient.

Miles Ridden: 0

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Unfortunately, the meetings scotched it! You still could have dropeed off the shirt!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home