Saturday, January 28, 2006

He's a Good Friend of Mine

Dirty Bike
Note the Hodson's Bay sticker

I was faced with a very dirty bike this morning when I left to pick up my car at the shop. I'm going to have to clean it before taking it in for a spring tuneup. There is a slight wobble in the back wheel, and I'm having trouble again with the chain slipping when I'm standing up on the hills. For the past few years, they've been telling me that it might be time for a new cassette, but they never replace it. This could be the year.

Bread on River Road
As seen on River Road

The car was over on Sagamore Parkway on the east side of Lafayette, so I naturally headed south over the Branigin Bridge. I didn't travel far on SR25 before turning SE onto Beck Lane. After I crossed Poland Hill Road, I saw the beginning of the Linear Park path. This is definitely a work in progress which current only stretches from Beck lane, across 9th street at Armstrong Park, to 18th street on the south side of the rail tracks near the Eagles lodge. The plan is to extend it NW to Powderhouse Lane, and possible farther SE. It was nice not having to bother with traffic for 9 blocks at a stretch.

Under the Twychenham Bridge
I think that Lafayette is having a tough time keeping up with the taggers

I arrived at the Saturn Service center about 15 minutes before closing. I don't like patronizing Bob Rohrman because of the horrible TV and radio commercials he bombards us with. Anyone in the TV and radio markets around Lafayette, Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, and Chicago know about Santa Bob, the taxman, and his blooper reels. I will never buy a car from this man! The only reason I took the car there is because the other transmission shops in town didn't want to mess with it. I've never heard of that before.

Anyway, $1,085.23 later and I was on my way.

Miles Ridden: 10.7

Saturn Service

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dan, I MISS RIDING! Glad you're getting some miles in in this warm January thaw, at least! I'll be happy when the Doc releases me to ride, hopefully this upcoming week! My bike is already sending me get well soon cards and I miss you cards!::GRIN::

9:43 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

In hindsight, fenders sound like a good idea.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home