Monday, December 12, 2005

Does This Count?

I'm attending a conference in Chicago this week. I didn't bring along my bike this time, so I'm not riding the cold downtown streets. However, I was able to put in some time on the stationary bike.

I love these computerized machines! This hotel has installed all new equipment since my visit last year at this time, so everything was all new. I was able to watch TV on the screen (A&E Classroom) while pedaling. The computer told me that I had travelled 6.5 miles in 30 minutes, burning 241 calories. There was another metric called METs. I'm not sure what that is, but it required the entry of my weight. (The weight entry screen defaulted to 150! I was pushing the "up" arrow for quite a while.)

This bike was a recumbent style machine. I don't know if using it is anything like riding a real 'bent, but if so, I'm not likely to get one. My rear went numb abouit 10 minutes in.

I'm not going to count these "miles" in my annual total, yet I still feel pretty good today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dan, as far as I'm concerned, Spinner miles count toward annual totals! I count them in my "Spinner Saturday" database when that's what the participants turn ion, after all, riding is riding!

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home