Tuesday, December 27, 2005

51°

When I checked the local Weather Channel page at 3:45 today, it reported the temperature at 51°. I quickly decided that a ride was in order and left work early. My office is in a basement, so I can't see what the conditions are like outside. I was happy to find a sunny day with not too much wind. I drove home and changed clothes.

Unfortunately, the sun was covered with clouds by the time I got outside. Still, it was at least 45°, so I headed towards Granville. The ride was uneventful, but it felt good. I arrived at the bridge pretty quickly.

Muddy Wabash River with Ice
Ice and debris in the Wabash River

Heading back home, I took River Road past the Gourd house and the Fort, and returned home on Newman Road. The horses were having supper.

Horses at Supper
Horses Having Supper

Will this be the last ride of the year? I thought the last one was.

Miles Ridden: 10.0

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan,

Found your blog from Stormcrowe. I live in Moreland, GA and find it crazy that the town south of me is Grantville and one town north is Newnan. I thought you were from around these parts. I have been reading post by cyclist and I have started a blog that I hope to chart and show MY progress getting back in the saddle.

Did you ever get the cycling pants and do they work. I feel bad for asking because we have mild weather here. What we call winter everone else thinks its spring.

Thanks for the blog.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, Dan, I was around those parts yesterday myself! Gorgeous weather! I actually wore my new cycling shorts and Jersey. Hard to believe that this is the end of December, reminds me of Chattanooga weather! I see I have readers I didn't know about! Hey Joe!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

By the way, Dan, I corrected an oversight on my part, and have added your December miles to the DB. You will appear on the Spinner Graph on the monday graphing post

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home