Sunday, April 10, 2005

Tour of West Lafayette

My Sunday ride today was a nice route around West Lafayette.

I started out by heading east on River Road towards the Levee area. Just south of the Wastewater Treatment Plant is the beginning of the WL portion of the Wabash Heritage Trail. This trail is nice little path through the woods that takes us through Tapawingo Park and farther north, and it is almost a mile and a half long on this side of the river. (I'll profile the Trail in another post.) I travelled north to the other end of the WL trail at North River Road and Quincy St.

[Wabash Heritage Trail Sign]


I headed up the hill northwest on Robinson, and on up Salisbury, past the water tower, Happy Hollow School, and US52. I hung a left (west) on Kalberer Road and rode up to the Cattail Trail. Travelling south, I took the trail past the Evil Empire to Lindberg Road. I then cycled west to 400W and came south back to Division Road and home.

A quick word on bike lanes: The good people of West Lafayette have provided great bike lanes all over town. Today, I was able to ride safely out of traffic on US231, Salisbury, Kalberer, and Lindberg. Other streets, including Grant and University and also marked for bike travel. Along with the various trails, it is very easy to wheel around town without raising the ire of angry motorists. It's too bad that Lafayette can't follow their lead.

There may be another ride later in the day.

Miles Ridden: 17.3
Total This Year: 73

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home